Second flush of magic mushrooms harvest
STEP 15. Day 38-41. Second flush of magic mushrooms harvesting
After the 2nd flush all cakes were rehydrated for 24 hours with adding honey. Without cold shock. Repeat all steps described in the Rehydration technique for magic mushroom cake section.
Let us briefly remind you how to rehydrate mushroom cake:
- Gather you harvest from cake.
- Clean the cake from all mushrooms and stumps. The smallest mushroom pins can be left on the cake this time.
- Rinse cake under running water.
- Put cake in the plastic container. Pour it with water + dissolved honey (or sugar): 1 teaspoon of honey (or sugar) per 1 liter of cold water.
- Submerge the cakes completely under the water.
- Leave cake to soak for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours drain the water, rinse the cake under running water again.
- Wash growbox before new flush of harvesting.
- Pour a glass of water (200 ml) with 5 ml of peroxide on the walls of growbox.
- Put cake in growbox.
Control growbox conditions:
- temperature +22+24°C
- humidity 90-99%
- light 12-24 hours
- airing 2-3 times a day for 3-5 minutes or turn on air pump for a few hours twice a day
Our harvest from second flush of fruiting and harvesting (5 cakes):
447.05 (g) wet = 34.64 (g) dried + 23 spore prints
Detailed statistics, graphs, life cycle for each flush of harvesting and for each Psilocybe Cubensis strain find in Detailed Growing Statistics section
Waiting for the third flush — Step 16. Day 45-51. Third flush of fruiting and harvesting Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms